Take a song lyric and turn it into an image that inspires the viewer as much as the music itself.
Photograph using ILFORD PHOTO or Kentmere black and white film and print the image traditionally in the darkroom on either ILFORD PHOTO or Kentmere traditional black and white photographer papers.
Minimum print size: 8x10"
*Please note all entries must have an individual entry label attached to the reverse of the image. Download the Terms & Conditions and Entry Label here. 1 entry label = 1 photo.
Deadline of contest is 31st January 2018.
Country Winners and Runners Up will be entered into a further competition to be judged later in 2018 to win the title of: ILFORD PHOTO International Student Photographer of the Year.
Terms and conditions
1. Film Folk is the official organizer in the Philippines.
2. Entry is open to students of any age who are undertaking a full or part-time course at a Philippine based school, college or university. The competition is not open to employees of FilmFolk, Satchmi, their families and relatives or anyone else connected with the competition.
3. The theme of the competition is Lyrically Speaking , as described in the competition brief.
4. Entry is free and there is no limit to the number of entries permitted.
5. All prints entered must originate from ILFORD PHOTO or Kentmere Black and White film and be printed by you (the competition entrant) in a darkroom on either ILFORD PHOTO or Kentmere traditional black and white photographic papers.
6. Do not send negatives with prints. Negatives will be called for verification for all prints short-listed at the judging stage.
7. Minimum entry size is 8x10 . Any prints smaller than this will be automatically disqualified.
8. All prints entered must have an entry label affixed on the reverse showing the image title, entrant's name, film & paper used, e-mail, college name and tutor. Each print must have its own entry label.
9. Images which have won any other competitions or which have been published by a third party are not eligible for this competition.
10. The closing date for this competition is 31st January 2018. Entries must arrive on or before that date. Film Folk accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, or fail to reach the address given by the closing date. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.
11. Winners will be notified within three weeks of the competition closing date.
12. Entries should be sent to: Miles Malferrari, Film Folk, 1707B West Tower, Philippine Stock Exchange Center Ortigas, Pasig City, 1605 Philippines. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must have sole ownership of copyright for all images entered and must have obtained the permission of any person or people featured in the image, (a model release form must be obtained where appropriate), or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Furthermore, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs. It is the legal responsibility of the entrant to ensure that they are compliant with ownership and copyright requirements.
13. Entries, which, at any time during the competition process, are found not to fulfill these requirements, will be deemed ineligible and will be disqualified. If this is discovered after the prize has been awarded, the full value of the prize must be returned or refunded by the entrant.
14. Any images deemed to be offensive will be disqualified.
15. Copyright remains the property of the photographer at all times, but by entering this competition, you grant HARMAN technology a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, and display any image submitted in any media now known or hereafter invented.
16. The winners agree to their names and the winning photographs being published in relation to the competition.
17. All prints are submitted at the photographer's own risk.
18. Film Folk reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, due to unforeseen circumstances.
19. Film Folk reserved the right to change/update the prizes to those of a comparable standard in the event of unforeseen circumstances.